Friday 31 October 2014

Legal Work Experience

An overview of work experience in general and at Wainwright & Cummins specifically, by a recent work experience student...

Studying Law at University is great but putting what you have learnt into practice is difficult unless you gain valuable legal work experience. University gives you all the tools you need and an internship in a legal capacity gives you a chance to apply those tools and understand what life after studying is like.

Wainwright & Cummins Solicitors gave me the opportunity to gain valuable legal experience. I have worked in both the Criminal and Prison Law departments respectively. I had a great understanding about Criminal Law as it was my favourite module during my first year studying Law LLB (Hons) at City University London. The greatest thing about the experience was I had to do a variety of different tasks and every day was different which enabled me to enhance my skills.

I am very grateful for the internship opportunity and this has given me the additional enthusiasm to continue pursuing a legal career.

A big thank you to everyone at Wainwright & Cummins Solicitors for being very welcoming and making me feel as part of their team. Also, thank you for all the advice about how to progress with my legal career which I definitely will follow.

A special thank you to Kenan and Catherine for supervising me through the process and giving me a variety of different tasks which has definitely enhanced my experience as well as developing my skills.


Zaheer Mahmood

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home